BIO-RAD PROTEAN® II xi Cell
BIO-RAD PROTEAN® II xi Cell Electrophoresis Tank
The PROTEAN® II xi cell is a large format vertical electrophoresis cell that is used for the most common electrophoretic techniques such as SDS-PAGE, native electrophoresis, and agarose gel electrophoresis. The PROTEAN II xi cell is available in two sizes to accommodate up to four* 16 x 16 cm or 16 x 20 cm gels.
- Accommodates handcast gels
- Patented single-screw clamps on the casting stand that exert uniform pressure along the entire length of the glass plates provide a leakproof seal without agarose plugs or grease
- Central cooling core can be connected to tap water or a cooled recirculating bath, or filled with coolant, providing smile-free patterns with as little as 1.5 L of buffer
- Choice of glass plates, spacers, and sandwich clamps to cast 2 gel lengths, 16 or 20 cm.
- Ability to cast multiple gradient gels using the PROTEAN II multi-gel casting chamber, the Model 495 gradient former, and the appropriate exponential piston. Use of the gel clip facilitates handling of large gels
- Notched plates allow up to four 16 x 16 cm or 16 x 20 cm handcast gels to be run simultaneously (not recommended for 2-D applications)
- Optional frosted glass plates allow high-resolution vertical agarose electrophoresis of nucleic acids
- Comb conversion screws convert any PROTEAN II xi comb from a standard 25 mm well depth to a 10 mm depth to simplify comb removal
Number of gels 1–4
Gel size (W x L) 16 x 20 cm (handcast)
Glass plate size (W x L) Inner plate 20 x 20 cm Outer plate 20 x 22.3 cm
Spacer length 22.3 cm
Typical upper buffer volume 350 ml
Typical lower buffer volume 1.2 L
* Note this item consists of the tank, central cooling core and lid/cables only. Missing are the "Casting Stand", "Tube Gel Adapter", Sandwich Clamps, Buffer Dam and Alignment Card
As such this item can be used as a base to build a system by sourcing the additional parts from BIO-RAD, or as a source of parts for an existing system.
This is considered in the pricing.