Terms & Conditions
The following conditions apply to and are deemed to be incorporated in all contracts for sale and supply of the company's services and materials.
By purchasing an item from Akribis Scientific Ltd you are agreeing to abide by the following Terms and Conditions.
Ordering from us
The placing of an order expresses acceptance of our terms and conditions of business. These terms and conditions do not affect the customer's statutory rights. VAT is calculated at the statutory rate current at the date of invoice. VAT is included in the list price on items listed on eBay. The company reserves the right to alter prices and / or specifications at any time and without prior notice.
Contract to supply goods at the price stated has not been confirmed until the order has been placed and payment has been received by Akribis Scientific Limited. We are unable to deduct VAT for export out of the UK.
We are only able to ship to fixed residential or business addresses. Please check the shipping configuration on each item to see if postage is possible to your area. We are unable to ship to BFPO or PO Box addresses.
- When the Buyer clicks on the "Check out" button on Akribis's website, the Buyer shall be deemed to accept these Conditions:
- Pursuant to condition above, no order placed by the Buyer by use of Akribis's website, nor the mere receipt of such an order via Akribis's website, shall be deemed to be accepted by Akribis until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by the Akribis or (if earlier) the Company delivers the Goods to the Buyer
- Akribis's ability to enter into a Contract for the supply of Goods advertised on the website, and the accuracy of any information given in the website, are in general terms subject to availability of the Goods and information supplied by their manufacturers (respectively).
- The Company may amend the website and its contents at any time without incurring any liability whatsoever to the Buyer, including without limitation by amending at any time the Goods advertised and the price and description thereof shown on the website and Akribis may, at its absolute discretion, accept or reject any order placed by the Buyer by use of the Companys website
Payment for items purchased through eBay must be made within 5 working days of the initial order. Accepted payment methods are shown in the both our eBay item listing and payment page on our website. Akribis Scientific Ltd reserve the right to notify eBay of any unpaid items via any appropriate method - including the feedback system and the None Payer system.
No goods shall pass from the company to the customer unless and until the customer has made full and complete payment to the company. If payment is not made in full and the goods have been shipped then Akribis Scientific Limited retains title of the goods. If payment is made and then is withdrawn once goods have been shipped, Akribis Scientific Limited will seek to recover the goods or the value of the goods plus expenses. Interest will be charged at the rate of 8% above bank base rate.
2% surcharge on all credit card payments
Cleared funds: We will only dispatch goods when any payments made show as cleared funds in our account, unless other arrangements have been directly agreed with us. For cheques this is generally 7 days from banking. BACS clear from same day to about 5 days which seems to vary depending upon the banks. International money transfer can take up to 11 days. Credit cards and cash are immediate cleared funds. For Paypal funds can take up to 45 days for the money to clear into our bank account for the following reasons: When you pay by PayPal, they hold the funds for 45 days (the funds show in our account but they are able to reclaim this money at any time up to 45 days). Due to this we reserve the right to delay delivery on items paid with PayPal for 45 days unless previously agreed and arranged direct with us. All our listings show Paypal as a means of payment, as in accordance with eBay rules, we are required to do so. We are more than happy to accept this method of payment. You are also welcome to pay by any other method (credit card, debit card, bank transfer, cash or cheque) and then receive your purchase as soon as payment has cleared according to the aforementioned conditions.
Within the item specifics as stated on Akribis Scientific Limited’s website it shows detail on what is involved with the fitment of the equipment. This information is passed to us from the items manufacturer. Akribis Scientific Limited can not be held responsible for any inaccuracies with this data and the items fitting instructions take precedence.
We request that customers do not attempt to apply any electrical power to the item until it has been unpackaged for a minimum of 24 hrs. This is because condensation can form inside equipment during transportation. This can cause a premature electrical failure. Akribis Scientific Limited can not be held responsible for any costs incurred if this advice is not followed.
Our usual delivery shall be 2-3 working days from receipt of order payment.
Once the item has left us we are in the hands of the carrier in order for them to attain the target delivery time. We do supply contact details for the carrier upon the order being dispatched and please contact our office if you need us to chase delivery.
IMPORTANT - IF THE ITEM IS DELIVERED DAMAGED YOU MUST SIGN FOR IT AS DAMAGED AND NOTIFY US WITHIN 24 HOURS.
Please note the postage costs indicated on the listing is our cost to pack and send your item. It includes professional packaging materials and labour to ensure that your item arrives with you safely in the same condition as we sent it. We send with reputable couriers who offer a prompt and reliable service.
The company guarantees that should our products not be to the standard, or in any way different from that advertised, we will refund any monies paid by the customer, but shall only apply to the item's in question. Complaints or receipt of incomplete orders must be reported to the company in writing within 5 working days of despatch.
Akribis Scientific Limited will not be held responsible for any costs incurred due to a faulty product by the customer unless they have been agreed, with prior arrangement by Akribis Scientific Limited. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
The company does not accept responsibility for damage to any equipment in which our products are used for the purpose other than those for which it was designed.
Privacy and Data Protection
Akribis Scientific Limited will not share any address, contact details or payment details with any other parties.
We may contact you to advise you of any special offers. If you do not wish to receive this notification, please let us know in writing.
Transit Insurance Terms and Conditions
You will have the option for a small fee to insure your package which is dispatched out from us to yourselves.
We select a number of carriers on your behalf in order to transport the package to you as quickly as possible however in the unfortunate circumstance that there is a problem this insurance will help get the problem rectified as quickly as possible.
The following terms and conditions apply and by agreed to accept the transit insurance you are agreeing to also abide by these terms and conditions.
• If an item is received damaged we must be notified within 24 hours of the parcel being delivered, this can be either in writing, by email or by calling our office. If by email you must receive a response within 24 hours (Automated response not included) otherwise you must call our office.
• We will then receive a claim number from the carrier.
• If you do not purchase the transit insurance then we will need for the claim to be processed by the carrier company which will mean they have accepted they are at fault. This could take a number of weeks. Alternatively we would need the damaged item to be received back at our office for inspection if the transit insurance is not purchased.
• You agree to cooperate with any investigation made by the carrier and with arranging a convenient time for the damaged item to be collected. If the carrier has been unable to collect the item from the customer due to the fault of the customer we reserve the right to charge the customer on the original method of purchase.
• If your parcel is missing then this will have to be verified with the carrier.
• If the original item has been found then it must be refused by the customer so it can be returned to sender. If it is accepted and we are informed that the customer has received the item then it will be charged to the customer.
Excluded from the Transit Insurance
• Any item which has been signed for at the destination is excluded from the transit insurance. Whilst we will do everything in our power to investigate the problem until the carrier excepts liability for the parcel being miss delivered by issuing a claims number then it will be deemed that the item has been delivered.
• Any item which is found to be faulty and the problems are not caused due to the delivery of the item.
Akribis Scientific Ltd TWO Week (14 Day) Used Equipment Warranty
All of Akribis Scientific Ltd used equipment comes with a TWO Week (14 Day) warranty.
Used equipment, excluding software, sold by Akribis Scientific Ltd is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of fourteen (14) days commencing with the date such equipment is shipped. Any part found by Akribis Scientific Ltd to be defective in material or workmanship within the stated warranty period will be replaced or repaired without charge for parts.
Only persons specifically authorised by Akribis Scientific Ltd shall perform warranty work on the equipment. Any work performed by unauthorized persons shall void this warranty. Consequential damages, lost productive hours, inconvenience and contingent liabilities are not covered under this warranty. All service technician travel, lodging, time, and sustenance costs remain solely the Buyer’s responsibility. Akribis Scientific Ltd’s sole liability under this warranty shall be to replace or repair defects in materials and workmanship. In order for Akribis Scientific Ltd to replace or repair defects the equipment must be returned to us to carry out the work.
This warranty does not extend to software or expendable parts such as, but not limited to, thread, filters, fuses, belts, consumables and bulbs. Akribis Scientific Ltd does not warrant failure or damage of parts or components resulting from misuse, improper adjustment, lack of proper maintenance, electrical current surges, or from general wear. Damage to the Equipment while being crated or transported by a third party provider or due to damage caused by installation by other than a qualified manufacturer’s technician are specifically excluded from this warranty.
Also excluded from this Warranty Agreement are damages caused by natural disasters, such as earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tornados and fires, and riots, acts of terrorism, wars or other major upheavals.
The Equipment subject to this Warranty Agreement is of used condition and Buyer acknowledges and agrees that Akribis Scientific Ltd is not a manufacturer of any equipment. Other than the warranty described above Akribis Scientific Ltd makes no warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, manufacturers design defects, capacity, use, compliance with governmental regulations, or with respect to patent or copyright infringement, title or the like.
Items returned to Akribis Scientific Ltd that are in full working order or are not covered under our warranty conditions are subject to either a 20% restocking fee or a standard rental fee for the full duration you have been in the possession of the equipment.
This warranty is applicable to the original buyer and cannot be transferred to subsequent owners.